Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

What’s in store for 2013

Wow, 2012 seemed to come to an end very quickly. So fast that I didn’t really have much time to reflect and plan out much for 2013.

For 2013 I am going to try some new things.  For triathlon I will focus on speed, with some sprint and olympic distance races.  We have planned a family trip for the summer, so most of my races will either be early or late season.  I may sign-up for a 70.3 distance later in the year.

For the last 2 years I have set some big goals, starting with a 70.3 in 2011, and full Ironman in 2012.  This year I am going to change things a bit and aim for my first xterra off-road triathlon in June.  I am hoping to mix in a fair amount of mountain bike riding into my training, and since my kids are now starting to ride on the trails too – it will be a great opportunity to have some family fun.

Possible races:-

  • January – Ragnar Florida Keys
    The basic premise is that you have a team of 12 people run 36 legs in a relay totaling 199 miles from Miami to Key West.  Each competitor has 3 legs.  Mine total around 19 miles.  I have no real expectations, other than to go out and have fun, and run hard
  • March – possible rock n roll half marathon
  • March – Rev3 Trail/MTB series – leg 1
    rev3 announced a new series of 5k/10k trail run and 18mile MTB, separate races on the same day.  I would like to do both the 10k trail run and MTB races
  • April – Rev3 Trail/MTB series leg 2
  • April – Richmond Sprint Triathlon (possible)
  • May – Kinetic Sprint or 70.3  (sprint is on mothers day, so may do the 70.3)
  • June – xterra Richmond
  • June – rev3 olympic, Williamsburg (may try the 70.3 distance)
  • July – family vacation
  • August – Luray sprint (possible)
  • September – Nation’s Tri – 4th year in a row
  • October/November – might try a marathon

These are the races on the radar, it is likely that I will not do all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment