Wow, 2012 seemed to come to an end very quickly. So fast that I didn’t really have much time to reflect and plan out much for 2013.
For 2013 I am going to try some new things. For triathlon I will focus on speed, with some sprint and olympic distance races. We have planned a family trip for the summer, so most of my races will either be early or late season. I may sign-up for a 70.3 distance later in the year.
For the last 2 years I have set some big goals, starting with a 70.3 in 2011, and full Ironman in 2012. This year I am going to change things a bit and aim for my first xterra off-road triathlon in June. I am hoping to mix in a fair amount of mountain bike riding into my training, and since my kids are now starting to ride on the trails too – it will be a great opportunity to have some family fun.
- January – Ragnar Florida Keys
The basic premise is that you have a team of 12 people run 36 legs in a relay totaling 199 miles from Miami to Key West. Each competitor has 3 legs. Mine total around 19 miles. I have no real expectations, other than to go out and have fun, and run hard
- March – possible rock n roll half marathon
- March – Rev3 Trail/MTB series – leg 1
rev3 announced a new series of 5k/10k trail run and 18mile MTB, separate races on the same day. I would like to do both the 10k trail run and MTB races
- April – Rev3 Trail/MTB series leg 2
- April – Richmond Sprint Triathlon (possible)
- May – Kinetic Sprint or 70.3 (sprint is on mothers day, so may do the 70.3)
- June – xterra Richmond
- June – rev3 olympic, Williamsburg (may try the 70.3 distance)
- July – family vacation
- August – Luray sprint (possible)
- September – Nation’s Tri – 4th year in a row
- October/November – might try a marathon
These are the races on the radar, it is likely that I will not do all of them.