I am now 2 days into my effort to drop a few pounds before my next race in just over 3 weeks.
So far it is going pretty well, here’s an update of my progress.
- Day 1
- Start weight: 185
- 1hr run in the morning, 3x1 mile repeats, afternoon 30 minute swim
- Day 2
- Weight: 182.5 – down 2.5
- feeling a little tired. Masters swim in the evening. In addition to the egg whites & avocado, I had a muffin and Hammer bar to fuel the masters session. Felt good.
- Skipped my planned run workout today, have some pain in my left heel. It is probably Plantar Fasciitis, so I need to rest my feet for a few days.
- Day 3
- Weight: 180.2 – down 2.3 since yesterday, 4.8 total
- bike interval session this morning, planned 4x10mins @ 255w with 2 minutes rest. Got through the first 2 intervals ok, but struggled on the 3rd, stopped 5 minutes into the 3rd work interval, and rode 15 minutes easy, with a 3 minute hardish effort. Usually I’d consider that a fail, but I think the lack of fueling before the workout hurt me here. Ran a 20 minute brick after the ride at a pretty slow pace and felt ok
So far I am pretty happy with progress so far, let’s see if I can get under 180 tomorrow.