It is that time of year again when we reflect on what we did, and start thinking about what is to come for the following year.
For me 2011 was a breakthrough year, starting slowly with a few months of physical therapy and finishing with a great races at the Nation’s Triathlon (olympic) & Beach 2 Battleship (half iron distance). I am very happy with my progress this year, especially for running and the bike, I am really looking forward to some strong performances in 2012.
Here is a summary of the year, in numbers – since 2011 was the first year I was really tracking mileage (using trainingpeaks), I can’t compare to directly 2010.
- 5 – number of triathlon’s I completed
- 5 – number of PR’s overall or s/b/r individually
- 15:22 – minutes faster for the 13.1 mile run from EagleMan in June to Beach 2 Battleship in October
- 147,000 – number of yards I swam this year, not bad after not swimming at all in November or December (48hrs)
- 2,300 – number of miles on the bike (143hrs)
- 790 – number of miles running (110hrs)
- 88,591 – number of miles flown on United this year (just short of 50,000 in 2010)
- 53 – nights stayed within the Hilton family of hotels (~20 for other chains)
- 268w – last bike ftp test of the year (December 19th) – started the year at 240w
- 19:12 – fastest 5k run test of the year (December 21st), huge improvement
- 0 – surgical procedures in 2011. 2 in 2010 (knee’s), 1 in 2009 (nasal valve reconstruction)
I will post something about my goals for 2012 next week – I have only planned as far out as Ironman Lake Placid in July. I am really not sure what I will feel like after that.
I hope everyone has a wonderful 2012 & if you are out partying on new year’s eve – stay save.