Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

I have to admit that in the past I have made some pretty lame efforts on Valentine’s day.  This year I was hoping to do something a little unexpected, and hopefully appreciated.

Instead of flowers, I bought a gift certificate to Annabel’s favorite day spa so she can get a facial whenever she wants.  At the end of this week she will be submitting the first draft to her publisher for her first book!  Hopefully a nice facial will help to reduce the rising stress levels!

We exchanged cards this morning, and I think the spa certificate went over well.  I had no expectations of what she might be giving me, and was surprised to have the image of a new pair of Newton’s that she was going to buy for me (they are not released yet).  My existing pair are just about to hit 1,000 miles, so they really do need to be replaced!

newtons

I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful wife!

I did have more planned than the gift certificate.  We managed to steel ourselves away from work for a nice lunch today, and instead of going out for dinner tonight I decided to stay home and cook a special dinner.

What’s on the menu?  Roasted Rack of Lamb, Baked potatoes, and a Chocolate Mousse Martini – all made by me, with a little help from the kids making the dessert. Inspiration for the chocolate martini’s came from Bertie’s Bakery.

Everything turned out very well, here’s a few pictures to show off my handy work.

out of the ovenIMG_2088
IMG_2090dessert!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment