Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

looking forward to ITU World Triathlon - San Diego

itu-sandiego

This year will ‘A’ race is going to be a full Ironman at Lake Placid.  My original plan was to complete a local sprint triathlon in May, then EagleMan 70.3 in June leading up to lake placid in July.

I recently found out about the 2012 ITU World series race in San Diego.  This is the qualifier for the Olympic games for a lot of countries, including the US team.  This was a race that I was interested in seeing, but didn’t really think I would get a chance to see in person.  I found out through the DC Triathlon Club that USA Triathlon CEO Rob Urbach offered FREE bike shipping to and from the ITU San Diego race for all members, on top of that was a $15 discount for the race itself.  Since I travel to California (San Francisco area) regularly for work, I figured it would be a great opportunity to see the top pro’s at ITU racing and complete an Olympic distance race instead of a sprint for my opening race of the season.

After looking more closely, I am pretty excited about this race – the course looks to be amazing, check out this video from the ITU race website.

And in this clip just released, where they preview the bike course.

I think this should be a great experience, and will also serve to keep my mind off the full ironman I will be preparing training for.

No comments:

Post a Comment